Friday, November 9, 2012

A little fatherly advice

I'm so thankful for a mother and father that speak truth in to my life.  They remind me what life is really all about and Who is ultimately in control.  They are more encouraging and loving than I possibly deserve, and I could never repay them for all they have given to me.

Today as I was driving to my follow up doctors appointment after my hospital stay last week, I called my dad to give him the good news that my shot had FINALLY come in (some how September 28 turned in to November 9...).  We talked for a bit about all that was going on, and before we got off, he stopped me and said that he really wanted to encourage me to find the positives in all that is going on right now.  We've had a lot thrown at us over the past few months, and although these blog posts have been informative to my friends and family that are interceding on my behalf, they definitely don't have many positive thoughts.

I've always been the happy-go-lucky girl, the one who can find the positive in any situation, and the one with endless hopes and dreams, but this journey has definitely gotten to me at times.  And in all of that, Satan has definitely been able to sink his jabs in every now and then as well!  I'm so thankful for my dad's wisdom and advice to get me back on track.

So here it goes...finding the positive - and from here on it, every blog will end positive, no matter what the purpose of the post!

1 - I have found a doctor that KNOWS what is going on inside my body AND has the answers to help me live a healthier life.
2 - He is working (and will continue to work) with us to make it possible for us to have what we want...a baby...and what I need...my health!
3 - Modern medicine allows me to have a chance at both of those above.
4 - God has given me a heart for adoption, whether that's the only way I become a mommy or not...it's something I have a passion for.
5 - We live across the street from the hospital.  Brad was able to run home to take care of Emmitt, and we didn't have to drive much at all to get the help I needed.
6 - I have good insurance, so we aren't breaking the bank to get the help I need.
7 - I got to spend a lot of quality time with Brad last week.  I saw (once again) how good of a caretaker Brad really is. As we went through one of our toughest trials as a couple, we did it together - I didn't HAVE to have my parents there because I knew Brad was going to take care of anything and everything. (But I was very thankful for their visit!)
8 - God orchestrated conversations with BOTH of our bosses to cover the time away while we are at the hospital with PTO we weren't aware we could use.
9 - I have a family (and friends) that are incredibly supportive in helping me through this journey.
10 - I have a God that has my very best interest in His heart, and He has a perfect plan for my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment