Tuesday, November 12, 2013

30 Weeks...75% of the way there and a very busy week!



How far along? 30 weeks - 3/4 of the way...75% through this pregnancy!!

Due Date? January 14, 2014 (or before...Every time someone asks these days, I quickly add the "or before" - just not TOO much before!!)

How big is baby? Our Bryleigh Girl is approximately the size of a cabbage, 15.7 in long and 2.75 pounds (and definitely filling up her "womb")

Maternity clothes? Yep - still wearing a little bit of everything.

Stretch marks? None yet!

Sleeping? I have good nights and uncomfortable nights, and I'm also still pretty sleepy during the days...I do allow myself a nap from time to time ;) - and I wake up every morning around 6:00 with a nose bleed...that doesn't help the "sleeping well" factor.

Miss anything? Nope

Movement? Little bit is back to crazy movements.  They are definitely different than they were for a good chunk of this pregnancy, but I know that the room she has is getting tighter and tighter, so she doesn't have as much space to stretch out.  She still gets some pretty strong kicks in though!

Food cravings? I've We've wanted hot chocolate a lot this week...and of course, cinnamon!

Food aversions? The past two weeks have had their fair share of nausea and vomiting in them and that also means a decreased appetite and a lot of things just sounding gross!!  Somethings are starting to make their way on to this list because of how long their "after tastes" linger...like bar-b-que :(...not to mention how some of those make me feel.

Gender predictions? Can I just say, if this child comes out a surprise little boy...we are in trouble!! My mom said "Well, he'll just have to be okay with a lot of pink in the first days of his life, and then we can get him some of his own clothes!" ;) I'm pregnant...It's my prerogative to worry a little, right!?

Symptoms? Nothing new this week - This week, I had some days with pretty severe nausea, some days were spent with my friends (the toilet and the trash can), and the nose bleeds are just a routine thing these days!

Belly button – in or out? My belly button looks different every single day! lol - This girl moves to where she is most comfortable (sounds like her momma) and just camps out there for a bit!  Although, it hasn't gotten to the "flat" or "sticking out" phase yet.

Wedding rings – on or off? After a LOOONG busy weekend and starting to get sick (non-pregnancy sick) my body definitely felt a little different.  It was the first time I noticed swelling in my feet/ankles, and by overnight Sunday night, my hands were feeling it as well!!  I ended up taking them off yesterday, but today they are back to where I can wear them!

Mood? Not gonna lie...this was a tough week emotionally.  I haven't felt the "pregnancy raging hormones" that get me mad at people (or things for that matter) in a long time...and actually very few times at all throughout this pregnancy.  But this week was just a little  emotional, not mad...just frustrated.  I got to the "I don't care point," with hyperemesis.  I threw up over the weekend, couldn't wake up and get ANYTHING done on Sunday, and spent the majority of the day in bed on Tuesday because I was so extremely nauseas.  At this point, "It is what it is" comes to mind frequently (and is my answer to "How are you feeling?").  I've spent 30 weeks being sick, nauseas, miserable, and exhausted, so honestly, what is 9 more!?

Labor signs? Nope.  (However, I'm pretty sure the lady at Babies R Us yesterday was scared my water was about to break right in front of her - I'd simply touch my stomach...this girl moves A LOT...and she'd rush over to see if I needed a chair.  She probably asked me that 5 times while we were in there!)

Best moment(s) this week? This week was another busy, fun week: 

A Doctor's appointment on Wednesday in Frisco where we met another doctor in the practice - Dr. Heckman - and loved him!  He sees LOTS of patients from SS, so that was very comforting to know we'd be in good hands if Dr. Harris wasn't able to be with us on "The Big Day".  I was able to get my flu vaccine and tDap shot in order to keep Miss Bryleigh safe in those early days before she can get her own vaccines.  We ended the afternoon with a trip to Buy Buy Baby for a few things I'd seen...which somehow meant going to PetLand next door and visiting with some very cute pups, a quick stop at Tiff's Treats for M&M and Snickerdoodle cookies (1 for me, 1 for Bryleigh...and why have I not thought of this as a reason to have ALL my appointments in Frisco??), and we finished up our afternoon at Ikea!

 

Thursday was a little "in family rivalry" fun with the top 10 match up between Baylor and OU.  We had fun anticipating the game all day with group messages from my parents and brother, and then watched the game at one of our favorite places - Pluckers!





On Friday, Brad went to a bachelor party for his childhood friend - Josh Manns - that is getting married in a few weeks, and I had dinner with a group of girlfriends from Sulphur Springs.  We are SO blessed to have some amazing friends from every stage of life!


I'd HAVE to say that the highlight of the week was the FABULOUS shower on Saturday.  My mom and I got to spend the day with some of our very favorite people - Gigi, Buffey, and Sister (who all hosted the shower) - and then an afternoon with some wonderful Sulphur Springs friends and family (and friends that are like family).  Everything was perfect in PINK and our sweet girl was certainly showered with LOTS of love (and FABULOUS clothes).





Our car, all packed up and ready to head back to Arlington!
Lots of goodies in tow!


Sunday was back to church and then lunch with Kate who was in town from Mississippi where she is getting her PhD.  She is a translator from Moldova and such a sweet, fun girl! We got lots of laughs in at lunch with her story telling.  She's getting married in May and asked Erin to come and be a bridesmaid!!! (Needless to say, Erin is beside herself with excitement!)  We also enjoyed a chili supper on Sunday night with our small group...where there is ALWAYS lots of laughs and good conversation!

To finish out week 30, B had the day off due to Veterans Day being a bank holiday!  It was SUCH a great day, and definitely another highlight of the week.  We slept in, had breakfast at Chick Fil A, and then spent the day seeing how many places I could go to the restroom at in Arlington/Grand Prairie/Mansfield.  We spent the day doing lots of things to get ready for our sweet girl, including returning some duplicate items and purchasing her Pack N Play and video monitor!!  We were both so excited to be doing things to get ready for her and felt like we got quite a bit accomplished yesterday!

I'd say we have quite the collection of Johnson & Johnson going on!
Looking forward to? RELAXING!!  Other than Bible Study on Wednesday night with the girls (we are starting Ruth and I am SUPER excited!!), we have NOTHING on our calendar for this week!!  I do plan on spending some time with my to-do list and hopefully getting lots of things started (and/or finished) where Bryleigh (and her nursery) is concerned.


The following week, however, is a VERY different story! SO much fun and exciting things coming up over the next 9 weeks!

I love this sweet picture of Emmitt's paw on my baby bump. He's ready for his new friend and baby sister to be here!!


1 comment:

  1. Carrie, love Dr. Heckman (all 3 of them actually...and the nurses...and the office staff, etc.)! Dr. Heckman delivered Jake! You are in great hands! Love you! Julie

    ReplyDelete