Friday, January 2, 2015

Goals - Continuing on in 2015

I wrote a post to kick off 2014 with a whole lot of goals I had set for myself, why I was doing goals vs. resolutions, and a life verse for 2014.  Well you know what happened TEN days later?? I had a baby.  That newborn baby came home with me, and all those goals and the big ideas I had went out the window.  I was in survival mode, and the last thing on my mind was how I was doing in regards to my goals for the year.

But as I look back on those goals now, I see just how much they meant to me, because even without focusing on them and working at them the way I planned...I still came pretty close to reaching a lot of them, and for some...I was actually successful!  And that verse that I picked to focus on in 2014...it's still the first picture on my camera roll and it was the first thing I recalled continuously throughout the year.  

Most of those goals are still things I'm passionate about, so my list will look pretty similar this year.  Here are my 15 goals for 2015:

#PhysicallyFit
#DrinkIt128 (Goal of 128 ounces/1 gallon of water each day)
#EatIt (Goal of making sticking with my Herbalife meal plan)
#WorkIt530 (Goal of working out at least 5 days a week, 30 minutes a day)
#RunIt (Goal of training for and running in 5k's with my mom)

*I'm also shooting to complete the #Run100 challenge where you run 100 miles in 2015...never skip a Monday, never go 3 days without running, run at least 3 days a week, and never give up!

#FinanciallyFit
#EliminateIt (Goal of cutting our current debt in half by the end of this year)
#AvoidIt (Goal of not using our credit cards to make purchases, #Swipeless2015)
#BudgetIt (Goal of creating our monthly budget and sticking to it, complete FPU)
#BuildIt (Goal of building personal businesses this year, it's truly a dream)

#SpirituallyFit
#StudyIt (Goal of reading through the bible by my 30th birthday)
#RememberIt (Goal of memorizing scripture)
#PrayIt (Goal of keeping a prayer journal for 2015)
#ShareIt (Goal of sharing the gospel with those that I meet)

Along with those goals, here are three additional to round out my 15 in 2015:
#GrowIt (Goal of nourishing and growing my relationship with my husband)
#ReadIt (Goal of reading at least one book each month from various types/genres)

#TeachIt (Goal of being intentional with teaching Bryleigh new things - both spiritually and intellectually)

I loved having a life verse in 2014 with a word to really focus on, so I chose to do the same thing this year.  Over the past year, I've been praying for God to be at work in my heart and life, teaching me how to love others like He loves, and one of the things He's been speaking to me about is JOY.  So my 2015 word is JOY and my verse is 1 Peter 1:6, NLT - "Be truly glad.  There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you must endure many trials for a little while." (I really liked Romans 12:12, also - "Be JOYFUL in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer.")

My #Verse2015 - 1 Peter 1:6 and my #Word2015 - JOY

No comments:

Post a Comment