Wednesday, January 17, 2018

To My Beauty on her 4th

Over the past year, I can not tell you how many times we have watched the live adaptation of Beauty and the Beast.  Our little girl FELL. IN. LOVE. with it the moment she saw it (and brother has surprisingly followed suit), so it was a no-brainer to have a birthday party with the same theme.  As I have spent some time getting ready for the party and reflecting back on the last four years, I couldn't help but see the similarities between our sweet girl and the beautiful Disney princess (you can't deny that beautiful fair skin, long brunette locks, and big brown eyes... and it doesn’t get braver than Belle), as well as praying for our girl to have a life that's a bit like Belle's.

To my very own Beauty,

I can't believe we are here, at the beginning of your next chapter - life as a 4 year old!  It has been an absolute JOY this last year watching you grow into an incredible, strong little girl.  We are certainly closing the door on "Toddler Life" and embarking into a season where you are your own little person...and I love watching (and listening to) every second of it.


I praise God for the year of breakthrough we have had, learning all kinds of new things about your little body and how we can help you. You have been nothing short of amazing as you have had to give up so much so that you can have so much more!! (I’m looking at you, Sugar and YouTube!) You have been tough, and brave, and strong, and loving, and kind, and so much more. Thank you for trusting mommy and daddy as we learn to do what’s very best for you.


As we have so carefully (and endlessly) watched “the Beast” this past year, I have a few prayers for your life that have come out of that movie.

#SquadGoals
I pray that you have a squad surrounding you in your life, that you find your little tribe of people that love you well and lift you up, that will care for you, and encourage you, and wish the very best for you. I pray that you have friends that will celebrate life with you, eating all the good food and dancing through it all.  I pray that you have friends that will see the best in you, speak truth to you, and fight for you.


I want adventure in the great wide somewhere (for you).
I pray that your life will be one of adventure, that the bravery you have already shown over the last few years would expand well into your life, allowing you to see and experience the world, unafraid of anything that might hold you back. I pray that you get to see and experience all that life has to offer.


I pray for a love like Beauty and the Beast. I pray that one day, you will fall in love with the heart of a man that cherishes you so much, that he would do anything for you, that he would fight for the very best for you, that he would show you deeper parts of yourself than you could ever see alone, and that he makes you laugh (I love your little giggle every time Belle asks the Beast, "Oh, you're making jokes now?")...and if he gives you a world class library, that would just be all the better.


Belle was courageous and showed tremendous bravery, especially her bravery out of love for her father.  She was kind and compassionate to those around her, including that mean old Beast that looked like something no-one would give second look (not to mention he was pretty ugly to her when they first met).  She was forgiving and she was strong, never pushed around by that dude with the ponytail.  These are qualities I'm already seeing in you, and I pray you continue to grow in those and so many more over the years to come.


Tale as old as time.
More than anything, I pray that the oldest tale of time would one day prick your heart, stirring up inside you a love like no other. Only finding for yourself that it’s no tale at all, but complete, life-changing Truth. I pray that it’s a story you read and hear and learn until it becomes your very own reality, proclaiming Jesus Christ as your Savior and living your precious life for Him, every single breath of it!

I love you so much, Bryleigh-Girl! I am so incredibly thankful that God made you mine. I'm so excited to see what He has in store for you this year!

Love,
Mommy


We had SO much fun celebrating our sweet girl at her Beauty and the Beast tea party with some our friends and family.  It was full of all of her favorite (and safe) things - tacos, queso, cupcakes, and ice cream, as well as reeses goodie bags for all her friends.  She was SO excited all day long that her FRIENDS were coming over to her party.


We spent the day getting ready for her party (telling her 100 times it wasn't quite time to get ready yet), baking cupcakes and her allergy-free cake, and decorating the house.  She wanted to help as much as she could! I'm so thankful for this full-of-life little girl that enjoys every second of the day. We had so much fun celebrating her!



No comments:

Post a Comment