Thursday, May 26, 2016

The Bumpdate - Round 2


The last 12 weeks...
This pregnancy...I was absolutely convinced I was about to start my period.  I was an EMOTIONAL MESS (crying non-stop, moody all the time) for a solid week with all kinds of pain and cramping, and I was MAD (infertility is a tough experience, even the second time around).

This was the same week we repeatedly got discouraging information with all of Bryleigh's health issues.  There were cancelled appointments (after my mom drove 2 hours to come help), test with no answers, and then on Thursday...normal enzymes.  That was completely opposite of what we were expecting and we were honestly devastated to be all the way back at square one.

By Thursday, I was having small waves of nausea, but I was so convinced that period was coming that I ignored ALL the signs.  That was, until my heart started racing to the point it almost beat out of my chest.  By the 3rd or 4th time it did that within an hour, I knew something was up, so I loaded myself and Bryleigh (and Bear and Raffe and Baby) in the car and headed to our local Walgreens.

There, I purchased the necessities: Recess, Cheese-its, a root beer, and a two-pack pregnancy test. After all, if it was negative, I would need some serious reinforcements.  It had been a ROUGH week, and I knew what getting one.more.negative would mean for my heart.


But it wasn't, and the waves of nausea were way too strong to be able to enjoy my "reinforcements", so they were never eaten (by me), and the nausea has not stopped since.

Our Silver Lining: Telling Daddy
I was obviously super excited to tell Brad that Bryleigh was definitely going to be a big sister, but I wasn't really sure how.  He was in North Carolina and starting his trek home, but he kept getting delayed.  I could have set something up for when he made it home, but delay after delay meant he wouldn't be home until 1:30 am, and he was pretty discouraged.  (Our rough week of Bryleigh news coupled with a tough travel day was just not fun at all!)

I decided to have him FaceTime me, and I KNEW I had the news to encourage him!!  He started the conversation with "Well...a little silver lining for you, I got upgraded to First Class on my next flight."  So I just went right to it, and told him I had some silver lining for him - and showed him the PREGNANT sign on the test.  (And I DID get it all on video!)  As we talked, laughed, and dreamed about the new baby and their sweet big sister, we decided we'd call this one Baby Silver (Silver Lining...) until we find out the gender.

I am so thankful for the timing of everything that had happened over the week.  God knew exactly when we would need our good news!!  (And we found out about this sweet little one TWO days before the 1 year mark of finding out about our sweet baby that I miscarried, but that's for another post you can read HERE!)


Easter Weekend: Telling Our Family
My parents were coming in for Easter Lunch, so I had every intention of waiting to tell them until they were there in person, but if you know anything about my husband...he's one of the most impatient people you will ever meet.  As Bryleigh and I were FaceTiming with my parents that morning, Brad came in three different times trying to get me to go ahead and tell them...so we finally did.  We had Bryleigh tell them she was going to be a BIG SISTER!

We had a little more time to prepare for Brad's parents.  They came over on Saturday night to watch Bryleigh for us while we spent the night with our small group.  Bryleigh greeted them at the door with a BIG SISTER shirt on, and once again...an impatient Brad couldn't wait for them to come INSIDE to see the shirt.  (I love how excited he gets!!)  Once everyone got inside, we FaceTimed Brad's sister and let her see Bryleigh's shirt as well.

Once we finished up Easter Lunch on Sunday with my parents, we FaceTimed with my brother and his family to share with them the big news too!


The Bumpdates...



Let's face it - another round of Hyperemesis WITH a toddler means keeping up with this bump a little differently.  No weekly chalkboards, no annoying questions that require the same answers every week, and maybe not even an every week picture. (Check out Bryleigh's 40 weeks HERE.)  We're living in survival mode over here and honestly, just enjoying life with the Big-Sister-to-be!!

Weeks 1-4: I had a crazy sense of smell (that has yet to go away...don't remember anything like this with Bryleigh), and I craved Mexican food.  I'm pretty sure we ate Rosa's three times a week!!

Weeks 5-8:  On Thursday, April 17 I was able to get the results back from my blood work, and everything looked great.  (This was our first sigh of relief after having the miscarriage and knowing what those numbers looked like.)  My favorite thing to eat became plain biscuits, and eventually biscuits with honey.  I wouldn't call it a "craving" as much as I would call it a "necessity".  The nausea and sickness was really starting to kick in at this point.  I also started having panic attacks, which I never experienced with Bryleigh.

Week 9: We had our first appointment with our favorite, Dr. Harris.  We got to see Baby Silver on the sonogram, and we also got to hear a strong healthy heartbeat (160 bpm).  I had the routine lab work done and was given a new drug to try that wasn't available during my last pregnancy.  Unfortunately, the lab work showed that I had some type of infection, so I spent the next week on antibiotics and praying many, many prayers of protection over that sweet baby.


Week 10:  We announced our sweet miracle to the world.  We had really wanted to wait until we were out of the first trimester, but based on how sick I was, we just weren't able to keep it a secret from most of the people we would be around.  I had a "Nickname Shirt" made for Bryleigh with all the names we call her, and then her NEW nickname on the back - BIG SISTER.


Weeks 11-12:  Things have kind of settled in to a routine and I know what to expect most days.  I don't remember being quite as tired during Bryleigh's pregnancy, but most days I nap while B naps.  I'm really hoping for that "second wind" to come during trimester 2!  I don't have many "cravings" and a whole lot of "aversions" - The biggest things I have NOT wanted during pregnancy have been peanut butter and chocolate together (ie. Reeses) and coffee...two of my very favorite things!

We are wrapping up the last week of the first trimester with a family vacation to San Antonio!

No comments:

Post a Comment