Thursday, January 16, 2014

Diary of Week 40 - The Final Week!

We found out at our week 39 appointment that Dr. Harris was going to be leaving for a two week mission trip to Guatemala on Saturday the 18 (4 days after our due date).  Up until that point I was totally fine with patiently waiting until Bryleigh came on her own or Dr. Harris recommended that it was medically necessary to intervene, but to be honest, we knew we wanted Dr. Harris to be the one to deliver her, and he wanted to be the one to do so, as he has mentioned to us multiple times throughout our pregnancy.

He told us we could go ahead and schedule an induction for the Thursday night before he left, but we all hoped (and thought) she'd decide to come before then, so we kept this news pretty quiet, just telling our parents and siblings.

There's something about knowing "this is it..." We spent the weekend saying things like, it's our last Saturday to sleep in before she's here, and it's our last weekend just the two of us...and we have continued to do so all week.

(The Last Sunday...)

We slept in Sunday morning (after a late night on Saturday and a very restless/sleepless night), started our morning off with some Campus donuts (our fave!), and then got out to run some "last minute" errands.  We ended up having a very productive morning, getting even more done than we planned! This included trips to Marshall's for some Polos for B, Kirklands to spend a gift card from LAST Christmas (on a lamp for Bry's room and some decorations for ours), and then to Best Buy to pick up a gift card for Poppa B's birthday.  We also got to meet up for some lunch at Applebee's with Deanne and Erin! We spent the afternoon watching football (Yay Broncos and Peyton!!) and then finished up our night by cooking supper together...sloppy joes of course! I was able to get a few more things marked off my "to do" list as well, so all in all, it was a very productive (and very "nesting" worth) Sunday!

And this was what Emmitt had to say about "Nesting"


I'm looking forward to next Sunday being one that is "nausea free," with my baby in my arms, and (hopefully) at home watching the Broncos (hopefully) beat the Patriots for a trip to the Super Bowl!

(The Last Monday...)

That brings us to our week 40 appointment. It was fun driving in to that appointment (bags all packed and in the trunk, JUST IN CASE he sent us over to the hospital) knowing that it would be our last one before meeting Miss B, but with contractions still not happening, I wasn't sure what to expect.  However, I certainly hoped for SOME progress!!

ONE more day and 2 picture slots left...

Okay...so it was TECHNICALLY still week 39, and we were only headed to the DOCTOR,
but this was in case he sent us straight to the hospital. (Wishful thinking...)

We started the appointment with a sonogram to make sure that Bryleigh's living quarters were still a healthy environment for her and that everything else looked good as well. We were told everything looked great! There is an "8 point test," and she passed all 8. Obviously she's already acing her tests!!  The sweet sonographer spent time showing us all of Bryleigh that she could, including switching on the 3d/4d for a minute and giving us a good shot of her sweet little face.  We learned that, as I've said, she is out of room, packed in like a sardine, as comfy as can be, and quite the wiggle worm!



After spending some time with her, we made our way back to see Dr. Harris. Although I'm a little puffy/swollen (as most people are at 40 weeks!!), Dr. Harris noted that I was down 4 pounds from last week, but everything else checked out perfectly normal.  He was pleased with all of my numbers as well as what the sonogram showed.

Then it was time for "the check." It was certainly the most painful one to date (I'm not sure which I hate more - endometriosis or hyperemesis?!), and the most discouraging.  Our baby girl hadn't dropped at all, she's no further dilated than 2, 3, and 4 weeks ago, and no more effaced. Basically, she is plenty comfy where she is and as stubborn as her daddy...well, momma.

I'll be honest - I'm terrified about the actual delivery part. I'm worried I won't be able to physically do it, that I won't be tough enough to handle the pain, and that I won't be strong enough to do my part. I know people do it every day and have since the beginning of time, but this is MY first time, and I obviously have no idea what to expect. It's just that fear of the unknown.  It's gripped me almost this entire pregnancy and been something I have blatantly ignored as much as I could, as long as I could. So all of this news today at the appointment just made me so much more uneasy about it all for some reason...honestly I left almost in tears and sick to my stomach.

On that note, I will say that I have about 10-15 verses saved on my phone that I continually look to when that fear comes over me, and will continue to do so until she is here.  Although I'm fearful, and I know that Satan is the one putting those thoughts in my head - I KNOW that The Lord is with me and He will protect me and give me the strength that I need!



We spend most of our day talking and dreaming in anxious anticipation, counting down the days, and playing out all the "what if" scenarios.  Monday night, we added a little "Revenge" watching and crafting to the mix.  We painted and then I glittered some letters we are going to hang in Bryleigh's room...I guess you could say we are definitely nesting!



I'm looking forward to next Monday being Bryleigh's first official holiday - Martin Luther King Jr Day, and enjoying it with her and our family!

(The Last Tuesday...)

Also known as - The Due Date...Week 40, Day 280 - Any way you look at it, it's been a long journey and we are at the VERY end.

I had high hopes for Tuesday - getting lots of things done and ready for the days ahead, but hyperemesis stopped me dead in my tracks.  About the only productive thing I got done all day was snuggling with Emmitt! And LOTS of it!  I was able to get some of the things done I wanted to and had dinner with Brad before getting in bed at 7:30.



I'm looking forward to next Tuesday NOT being a new week of pregnancy, but taking one final picture in "the pink shirt" - with my sweet little "bump" in my arms!

(The Last Wednesday...)

This was Poppa B's birthday!!!  I started the day off the same way Tuesday ended...extremely nauseas and so exhausted...and dreaming about Little B!  During the day, I spent some time catching up on the reading plan I am doing along with typing out some verses to calm my fearful heart down.



I'm looking forward to next Wednesday being a day spent with my sweet baby girl and getting used to what life will be like with her here.

(The Last Thursday...)

Also known as - INDUCTION DAY! Week 40 Day 3, Bryleigh officially received her eviction noticed and must vacate within the next day (I'd prefer 5 minutes, but I'm being realistic!)

Do you know how weird it is to wake up and KNOW that today is going to change your life forever?  Do you know how weird it is to spend your whole day getting ready for something that is life altering?  Because I officially do! And it is AMAZING!!  I cherished every minute of this day and spent lots of time in prayer over the delivery and birth of our sweet girl, her health, and her life.

I woke up off and on throughout the night/early morning, but finally got out of bed and got with it around 10:00...perfect timing for some brunch at Einsteins Bagels, which is one of my very favorites - CINNAMON sugar bagel, toasted with some cream cheese and a nice warm hot chocolate.

When I got back home, I spent the rest of the day picking things up around the house, making sure things were packed and ready to go, and then got a bath and shower in before officially getting dressed and ready to head up to the hospital.

Brad worked most of the day, but he was back and forth (and quite jittery) getting things of his own together, and overall just being REALLY excited about finally meeting his little girl!


Once he got off work, we loaded up the car (which officially looked like we were going on a two week road trip cross country!) and ran some last minute errands.  We ran through Kroger and grabbed lots of snack foods we thought we might like over the next few days, and then made a stop at Gracie Lane for a last minute baby item before heading to dinner at Macaroni Grill...which happens to be our restaurant of choice for most special occasions (including our very first date).



Then...it was off to the hospital to meet our sweet baby girl.  And yes - I'll be blogging all about that experience in the coming days, so be sure to check back! :)

I'm looking forward to next Thursday being a day we have our first family photo shoot and introducing my brother and his family to my sweet little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment