Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Happy First Day, Babes!

These pictures are a long time coming... 52 weeks long, to be exact. I’ve waited an entire year to post a picture of my sweet B with a beaming smile and add the tag line, “Back to School!” all while praying little brother would be tagging right along.


It wasn’t a hard year. It certainly wasn’t the hardest we’ve had by a long shot! It was actually a good year, and I can see God’s hand ALL over it. My babes built an undeniable bond while they spent hours a day playing and being together.

But this day last year WAS a hard day. (You can read a little more about that HERE.) My heart was just SO sad. I was longing for normal, desperate for healing and answers for both of our babes. I wanted, so badly, for Bryleigh to have all the fun she did the year before, and I definitely didn’t want her to lose any of the progress she’d made. (I am definitely inadequate when it comes to teaching her all she needs to know or knowing how to teach her in a way that works best for her. God gave lots of people gifts in that area, and we will be taking full advantage of them and their gifts!)

On this day last year, it didn’t seem like today would ever come. It seemed like we were climbing up impossible mountains, facing unbeatable battles. But God. He worked miracles in the lives of both our littles, and in the process gave us countless hours together that I can never be thankful enough for.

So here we are today, backpacks and lunchboxes ready with a little boy that can feed himself and a little girl that is fully (day-time) potty trained. And we give all the glory to God. He is so good to us.


While I will absolutely miss my little sidekicks during the school days, I cannot wait to see all the growth that takes place in them over the school year!! Happy first day to my wild Duck and my brave Monkey.








No comments:

Post a Comment